Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back after a loong break!

Sometime back, I decided for no apparent reason that I will stop posting. Maybe, I figured that my B-school experience will be the same till I graduate. I was certainly wrong on that front. Every moment can be a new learning and a new experience - specially if you are a B-school student at Duke. From what I hear, this year's intake is going to be ultra-competitive with many people wanting to shield themselves from recession and take refuge in the 'safe' environs of a B-school. Hope you know what you are getting into :-)

I am in Bangkok these days - studying at SASIN Business School as part of an exchange program that Duke has with them. I highly recommend B-schoolers to go on exchange. Exchange program makes you realize the value of learning outside of class more than ever. Thailand has been a totally different experience - language barriers, cultural differences, heavy tourism focus - everything has made the trip unique. The amazing street food being the highlight for me. They can make their 'Fired' Rice really fiery mind you!




I am finishing my required credits and graduating early. This means I am not returning to Duke after exchange. Instead, I am returning back to India and working for a non-profit for four months. More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aman,

I'm a class of 2011 Duke admit and being an International student have lots of questions about doing an MBA in the US in this climate. I would love to talk to you and so would be glad if you could let me know your email address

Thanks!

A

MBAstarter said...

@Anonymous: Congratulations on your admit! As I mentioned, this looks like a tough year to get in.
My email address is present in my blogger profile - aman.dhingra@gmail.com